What the fuck is this Epiphany place and why have I never heard of it before? I am losing my grip because no one will ever go to shows with me! Yes, you guys, the 4.5 of you that read this! Start going to concerts with me before I kill myself.
Apparently it's a church on Ashland. The Mountain Goats are playing there. Someone, anyone, go with me?
Also, I got lazy and didn't force anyone to buy tickets and now The Books show at the MCA is sold out. The Books at the MCA! Gah! And so is the Ratatat show tonight that Johnny told me he bought tickets to but didn't. Hate! I was so looking forward to it. Last time I saw them, I spent the entire night dancing and thinking about all the casual meaningless sex I could have with the sweaty scumbag looking keyboard player if not for Chad. Then, in a karmatic event, Evelyn spilled an entire bottle of rum in Chad's car (that I wasn't supposed to be driving) to punish me and when i attempted to wash off the rubber mat in her bathtub i doused my entire head because someone put the showerhead on. Then we ran into said keyboard player. The night was such great fun despite the shitty 2 sentence portrayal.
This is somehow everyone else's fault. I am very much in the mood to dance. Maybe you are too? Maybe you want to go to the The Faint/Ladytron show with me? Or maybe the Junior Boys? Or maybe Crystal Castles? Even The Sounds? Anything. Please!
Also, I would really enjoy if someone would go see Great Northern/The Dears with me.
This music void of mine has officially become a black hole. I finally succumbed and bought a new iPod. I will spend the next three days fine-tuning it to perfection.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ill see shows with you. i just need a job first to pay for those types of luxuries.
duh. go to shows by yourself. when the music is playing you don't need anyone to talk to, and then once the music stops, just start drinking. sipping on beer cures all awkwardness. trust me, i know from experience.
Eh, I am more of a wingman kinda gal. Mostly because in theory your little scenario sounds fine, until you take into account that I am the biggest creep magnet on the planet.
That being said, Drew, at this point I'm willing to pay and shower love and affection and confetti all night.
Post a Comment