Thursday, January 22, 2009

This Fucking City

Oh hey you guys, it’s me again. I may or may not have had 4 too many cups of coffee today to avoid a to-do list mostly centered around carriage reports, which is pretty much the worst part of my job, so bear with me. I need you guys to make me a promise. Promise me, you will never ever talk on your cell phone in your car again.

Basically, I just need to know if I can pay for my ticket via mail, and if so where it should be sent and how much the fee is, as none of that is listed on the ticket. If not, is there a way to reschedule my court date as I will be in Costa Rica?

Conversations I have had today:

Department of Revenue
I’m not sure, $35? Yeah, just mail a check for $35 dollars.
Where do I mail it?
It’s listed on the ticket.
Nope.
Oh, well I guess you have to go to court then.
How do I reschedule?
Call the number listed on the ticket.
There is no number listed.
Sorry, I don’t know how to help you then.

Chicago Non-Emergency Police Line
Ha! Are you serious? Who gave you a ticket for talking on your cell phone, I’m just curious, what cop?...Oh that Brendan! I’ll have to talk to him about that…Yeah, I dunno, did it come with an envelope. Oh, well it should have come with an envelope. Ok, if you go into any police department they can give you an envelope.
Yes, but do you know if mailing it in is an option or do I have to go to court?
That I don’t know. But I think the tickets are $75. Let me transfer you.

Transferred Person
Yes you can mail it and the tickets are $50.
WHERE DO I MAIL IT?
You’ll have to call the Dept of Admin for that.

Department of Administrative Hearings:
Phone message with absolutely no information.

Chicago City Hall Circuit Court (where my hearing should be according to my ticket)
I’m not sure, I think you have to go to court. You need to call the Department of Administrative Hearings.

Keep in mind that over 14,000 people received cell phone violations this year.

UPDATE: I HAD to go to court and tickets cost $95.

No comments: