Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On the subject of fainting:

I faint constantly. It’s not a swoon. It’s not a gasp and then a palm to the forehead slow fall. It’s not graceful. I’m told it’s terrifying. My eyes roll back into my head and then I buckle and crash. I’m pretty sure being in the most awkward situation with the most awkward people at the most awkward time is a pavlovian cue for it to happen. It mostly happens at shows. The two worst by far were at Metro. Dismemberment Plan, one of their last concerts with Maeve, Kenny, Nick Hill and Hala. Passed out on my way to the bar and Kenny’s friend who I barely knew caught me and I had to spend an hour in this weird backstage area signing disclaimers. All these dudes from the French Kicks kept asking me if it was from heavy narcotics, and if so, could we party. I was like 18. The second was at a Cursive show. I woke up in the arms of that huge black security guard that looks like Shrek, freaked, and tried to jump out of his grasp while he was walking down the stairs. He went to catch me, “accidentally” grabbing my boob before I crashed to the floor and severely bruised my tailbone. Last year I fainted four times.

No comments: