Thursday, January 29, 2009

On the subject of happiness:

So since preparation for Kimbowl 2k9 started, I have been talking about the presence of some sort of ice sculpture at my party. Nothing too extravagant, just, you know, a simple and classy centerpiece. Something to greet guests as they walk in. Maybe just like a unicorn. With some led lights inside. Not too much to ask for the big two five.

For some reason no one will support me on this.

Until.

I get home today to find Chad outside, bent over a bucket of water, dipping roses one by one into it and suspending them in the air to dry and freeze. And he looks up and grins, and shrugs. And says, it might totally fail, but it's the best I could do.

Then we kiss until my toes get cold and we go upstairs and he hands me an envelope full of 2 dollar bills that I have desperately been wanting for pinanta filling. And we throw them up in the air and roll around and kiss some more and it's so good, and we're so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously... that might be the cutest thing ever.

vom.

Anonymous said...

Never leave Chad, if you know what's good for you. I'm serious, Kim. I would kill for man like him. KILL! KILL!!!!