Every Friday in July...how naive I was.
Joe gave everyone Fridays off in July. However, there are 6 out of 10 people here today. Audio and video peeps are here to finish deadlines. I'm here to answer the phones because once I figured out how to change the message on our complex beyond reason voicemail system I discovered that someone who doesn't work here anymore changed the password that enables it and Joi is on vacation so I have to fill in. Fuck. That.
Oh, speaking of vacations, I was just informed of our policy (10 months after I've been working here). For an employee's first year, we get two weeks unpaid vacation. (Got paid for the week I went to Rome, sucker!) For our second year, we get one week paid, one week unpaid. Then he proceeded to say that a lot of people don't take their vacation (I wonder why) and that he usually just shuts down the office the week before Christmas.
Maybe I'm just jaded because my boyfriend makes like 5 times my salary and my best friends all have fantastic yet conventional jobs and actually get their promised bonuses and don't have salaries based on a 1950's scale and get paid overtime and arrive home by six and don't have to spend $450 a month on gas to commute. And I know I shouldn't bitch, because I don't want the kind of job that comes along with those amenities, but it's hard not to lately. Joe's golfed three days this week and it sucks to work for someone who acts like he doesn't give a shit. And I know I take the perks for granted. I love the people I work with and I get to travel and I meet really important music industry people and hang out with rock stars, blah blah blah. I'm just not getting paid enough to deal with the bullshit happily.
The worst part about today is I did every possible scrap of what little work I could yesterday to prepare for my supposed glorious day off. No, actually the worst part is that I'm seeing Feist at Ravinia tonight and will have to fight the fucking construction traffic to get there and then play dd while everyone's guzzling bottles of wine instead of leisurely taking the train.
Whatever, not worth staying upset about right? Once shows start up again I'll be happy. Damn my work ethic. I'm all about seeing the positive in things lately. There's a lot of upcoming potential awesomeness if I stay here. I've also been hearing whisperings of our new line up and it's fucking awesome. And, potentially includes two of my most loved bands over the last 7 years.
Expect more posts, I have 7 hours left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you forgot the best part of the job. nicolettes boobs.
Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!
Post a Comment