Thursday, July 24, 2008

Give me something to do

Call me a heretic, but I've never understood all the Pixar hoopla. I know Cole and the likes are probably having heart attacks, but it's just not my cup of tea. I know, I know. I'm not saying it doesn't look fantastic and that I'm not mildly entertained for the duration of the movie. But it's not like I see a preview and think, damn, I need to see that. I don't think I've even seen them all so maybe I should hold judgment. And it probably doesn't help that when Cooper convinced me to see The Incredibles there were two mexicans grunting "Bueno" and having sex in the row behind us. Seriously. On a Sunday in a packed movie theater in the daytime.

But such was the case with wall-e. Saw it last night on an impromptu hangout. Good. Cute. Two inanimate objects of different quality meet by chance and fall in love while getting help from a bunch of wacky other inanimate objects to save the world. Sounds a lot like this other Pixar movie where a porsche and a race car fall in love and save a town in the process with all of their kooky do friends.

This last weekend was good. Went to circque de soleil Saturday night. While I did have to miss animal collective at pitchfork (-), I did get free gin martinis all night (+) and overall the show was fucking incredible, as were our seats.

Sunday I ventured to pitchfork with Kyle and despite the fact that it was 84,000 degrees it was quite enjoyable. Met up with Maggie. The three of us made a vow not to come again unless we had backstage access as there was free beer, cleaner bathrooms, free burritos and photobooths. And all of us knew people who had the access and thus got to reap the benefits, but it seemed more depressing that way.

I probably could have arranged this had I gone to Christine's birthday dance party. It started at sundown. Pretty much every awesome band from pitchfork went. My boss is cool. But, I didn't have my wingman and thus was too much of a pussy to go.

No comments: