I just spent the last three hours playing Habitat for Humanity at Joe's house. Our old studio used to be in his basement, which he is now converting back to a living room. He asked us over as a favor, just to load some old tapes into a van. Three hours later his ceiling and walls are gutted and I look like a cutter from all the wood scrapes I got carrying drywall and 2 x 4s up and down his stairs on this fucking 85 degree day while his kids were frolicking about in his pool (which for some reason is cleaned with salt water instead of chlorine.)
He kept making remarks like "this is definitely deserved of a case of beer for all of you." As the work got harder, our reward somehow got demoted to Starbucks. And now I'm sitting here thirsty with a bent and dusty company hat from 3 years ago.
About 15 minutes before we left, he tried to convince us that we could carry the 500 pound tape machines up the stairs. Mind you, the "we" consisted of me, a 90 pound asian girl, a hipster, and a dude of normal guy strength. Mind you, 4 muscled professional movers had trouble moving them down there the first time.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment