Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tame

Last night was kind of a bust. Took me two hours to get home because my commute was on par with a Die Hard movie. Scrambled. Showered. Didn't have a towel in the bathroom so I walked to my room dripping and in the nude, only to lock eyes through the front door transom with my new upstairs neighbor. To add to the equation, Chad told me he met her yesterday and that she is a huge dyke, which I may have doubted except for the fact that she resembled Buzz from Home Alone. Full frontals are awesome first impressions with lesbians, right?

This is the second time that this window has done me in, in the last two weeks. I was blasting the Pixies, while singing (screaming) along and vacuuming when I looked up and saw an adorable boy on the railing, grinning. So I did what any mature adult would do: ran and hid. When I left the house later there was a post-it on my door that said "Let's have a ball." I have yet to see this mystery boy again, but can only assume that he's bbfs with unit 3. Gotta love voyeurism.

Ventured over to Dave's to pre-drink and wound up freezing to death on his porch for a few hours instead of seeing Crystal Castles and getting my dance on with boys who looked like girls. The line was obscene.

The best part of the night:

I work at ______ in Philadelphia.
Never heard of it.
You've never heard of it?!
I've never been to Philadelphia.
Yeah, but everyone knows _____, it's legendary.
The only thing I know about Philadelphia is that Tom Hanks died of AIDS there.
(Hard stare, walks away.)
And scene.

He walked away without saying anything. Amazing. Dude loves Philly.

Then after debating where to go for half an hour I just wound up going home. Bust.

Then Chad and I had a very long conversation about semi serious things and I went to bed before midnight.

No comments: