Monday, September 27, 2010

netflix streaming is the death of me.

I can't tell you how much time I've devoted to watching hour after hour of shows that for some reason I didn't get into when they were airing. Most recently: Party Down and every 30 Rock episode from every season. But this time, I've really gone too far. About a month ago, I decided to check out Lost. I am so hopelessly addicted it's ridiculous. There's like 25 one-hour episodes per season. 6 seasons. On top of that daunting task, Netflix has all of a sudden put expiration dates on their availability, making me have to watch even more episodes in my super limited free time than I normally would. I think I watched 8 episodes this weekend. Last night I dreamt in Lost mode. This is another cry for help you guys. Get me out of my house. 

4 comments:

QFK said...

nolan and i were like this about a year ago, which meant once we finished season five we had to wait around for season six (overrated). i agree with your tag...plus, its much better watching episodes back to back to back times a hundred.

B-Sides said...

Oh man, am I hooked. Knowing you were too makes me feel better. I really wanted to write it off and be all "This doesn't live up to the hype" but I can't.

Also, I just watched the episode where Bernard and Rose get reunited and I felt really close to crying. Like, REALLY close. What is wrong with me?!

Also also, it was awesome seeing you this weekend.

Cooper said...

That feeling you're feeling is what some would call a feeling, robot.

And how come it takes two years for you to get hip to my suggestions? Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny and now this? I suppose ten years from now you'll start watching Breaking Bad and write about how good it is? Consider me offended.

B-Sides said...

I'm on season 3 now and have spent at least 2 and a half weekend nights watching it. It's out of control. I am officially emotional about the characters.

Also, if we were talking in person, this would be the point where I say, "I have taken a few of your suggestions from the start," then I would put my hand on my hip and condescendingly say "John From Cincinnati."