So Rebecca's coming down around 10 and now I'm stuck for two hours with nothing to do. Lame. I am being forced to sojourn into the world that is blogger, don't you see? Lots to update on shows and such, but I'm too lazy. Instead I'm just going to babble way past the point of interest of my legion of readers.
So, I'm convinced my landlord is coming into my apartment whenever we're not home. Yes, I'm a neurotic hypochondriac, but lately Chad, the logical one, is on my side. There have been lots of little signs, but specifically, three days ago, our front door was unlocked, the light was on in the back room we never use, and the DVD player was on. Weird. It's the DVD player that throws me. Whatever, we initially shook it off. Maybe we accidentally stepped on the remote on the way from the room we're never in to unlock the door before we left out the back?
Or maybe, my landlord was watching porn and spunk shotting all over the living room after looking through all our drawers and sifting through my panties and didn't have enough time to turn everything off when he ran out the front door? Today Chad went to his weekly softball game and I took it upon myself to get super high and clean. As I'm sweeping in the kitchen, I watch the doorknob turn, hear the keys inserted and in walks the landlord with a shocked look on his face. "Oops, wrong floor."
At the time, I didn't really analyze it because I was just really happy he didn't bust me for the smoking bowl sitting on the counter. But, um, wrong floor? WTF? Granted, he was working upstairs because the apartment's going up for rent. But, wrong floor? On the unbelievable chance that he really did just go to the wrong floor, wouldn't he have realized when he tried to stick the keys in for the apartment he was intending to go to and they didn't work? Not to mention, why would he lock the door if no one lived there and he was just running out to the garage (when he noticed Chad's car was gone)? Creepy X infinity.
Then I spent roughly an hour peering into vents and the showerhead and painting's eyes and such searching for hidden cameras and thinking of Indiana Jones style booby traps I could set up to catch him in the act. Don't worry though, when I told Chad my theory he comforted me by taking me to the Illinois sex offender database and showing me John's not registered...yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you should Saran-Wrap the door, apply glue and a trigger so that when your landlord walks through your bedroom door he get feathered - a la Home Alone. It would be brilliant, not to mention embarrassing.
Remind me never to change/shower at your place.
Post a Comment