Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Confessions

I’m pretty sure Top Chef has brainwashed me.

I think it really sunk in on Season 4, right about when I became hooked. After that, an undeniable pattern emerged:

Season 4: Chicago -- Season 5: New York -- Season 6: Las Vegas -- Season 7: Washington DC

I have visited every single one of these cities within a month of the show airing. It’s escalating too. I went to DC mid season. While in DC, along with a really fantastic ethiopian restaurant, we went to the following:

West End Bistro (Eric Ripert)
Art and Soul (Art Smith)
Zaytinya (Mike Isabella)

I was there for four days. We also went to BGR, which while not TC affiliated has been featured on Throwdown and Man vs Food. We didn’t even know until we sat down. There is now some inherent tracking device in my brain guiding me to these places. Don't even get me started on Top Chef Masters. Let's just say thank god Chad gambled all the money we spent on dinners in Vegas back.


When XOCO (Rick Bayliss) opened, I waited in line outside in January for an hour and a half. This Friday I'm going to the Girl and the Goat (Stephanie Izzard). I made the reservation the day it opened. I’m going to Atlanta in October and I’ve already made reservations for Kevin’s restaurant. Seriously, someone stop me. This is a cry for help.

No comments: